Tuesday 5 January 2010

Where is my head at?

As a bit of a continuation from my post this morning I wanted to get down a bit more about how I am feeling about where I am at at the moment on my journey towards blackbelt. With about 10 weeks to go there is still alot I think I need to focus on, the theory behind TaeKwon-Do is something that I am struggling with. I have been studying the meanings behind the patterns but find that unless I constantly revise the full meaning either gets mixed up or confused between the other patterns. Shirley told me she has been doing flash cards to help her in her revision so I think I will have to adopt that as well. The theory is giving me some stress though as I feel that bizarrely something that I have an interest in is actually proving to be the trickiest to get a grip of.

As this is the first week  back into it I am making sure that I get some of the things that I have a better handle on out of the way as it were so that I can then have a concentrated effort on the theory, hopefully I can then revisit things like the pattern breakdown before submission to make sure I have put the best effort in.

Bad weather has prevented training tonight so I have decided to do some pattern run throughs and to do some more work on my pattern breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment