Monday 18 January 2010

Getting back on the horse

Had a couple of replies to my post last night that set off a response that I think is worthwhile putting in a post of its own. Even during this relatively low point on the journey I don't think I was looking to give up, that isn't really in my make up, things would have to be really bad for that to happen. The act of writing the blog was my way of holding myself to account and showing to my peers that everything isn't always sweetness and light, that no matter how prepared and positive things can be, setbacks and speed bumps appear and it is how we deal with them that shows what we are made of.

Here is part of a reply to Rich and John to the last post:

We all set standards for ourselves and I think I have just been coasting for the past 3 weeks thinking that I was just ticking along happily whereas the reality was completely different. I don't think I was ever contemplating jacking it in, rather I needed to draw a line in the sand so to speak.


Michelle very correctly said to me, "Don't focus on the long term goal, look at it week by week" This approach will allow me to focus on what I need to do to achieve in that week and I will then be able to report on successes for that week.

This is what I need to this week, lets see how I do against that standard and then look to the next week, forgetting that simple lesson has got me to where I am now, the line is drawn, time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment