Saturday 23 January 2010

Feeling better

I had an attack of the munchies around about 3pm yesterday so did have some food throughout the day, it settled like a lead weight but I kept it down and felt slightly better by yesterday evening. Had a slightly better night but still very uncomfortable. Had a small breakfast to get something inside me but still feeling queasy, I want to have something tasty but my stomach is probably not up to it just yet. Taking it fairly easy today and will hopefully be able to train tomorrow down at the gym as I want to keep the positivity up with these last few weeks to go.

I was sitting down today talking to my father in law and we got to chatting about my black belt and it occured to me that even though there is about 6-8 weeks until my grading the previous months had really flown by and before I know it the grading will be upon me. It was then that it I realised how many things I have going on in my life and how that contributes to the passing of the days.

Work has again thrown me a bit of a curveball again as I have been asked to take over the management of the entire development department, its a bit of a task as the state of things is very challenging at the moment and its coming at the same time as the balck belt testing period so it look slike multiple challenges all round! Life is never boring around this place, but I have to say I am feeling pretty tired, this stomach upset isnt helping my mood but I need to look on all the positives so far and to be honest looking back on the blog and the forum posts it has overall been a really positive experience, plenty of bumps but then thats life isnt it. Oh well a fun filled afternoon awaits choosing new school shoes for the girls, rock and roll eh!

1 comment:

  1. Remember that your grading performance is always measured in the context of the rest of your life. I had another revelation this week that the reason I'm stuck with my studies is that I have entered a dead-end in the maze and have been trying to knock down the wall instead of turning around and trying another route. Although I spoke of lowering standards in a previous comment, I think I meant deep down "changing direction/emphasis" which is what I am trying to do now. Is it perhaps possible for you to bring more emphasis of what is happening to you outside the context of your training (not just work but everything else) to bear in your analysis of your progress in some formal way? Maybe this is the solution to feeling that you are making no progress when in fact you are making huge strides in YOUR LIFE as a whole.

    ReplyDelete