Wednesday 6 January 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

A good day today, ended up working from home due to the bad weather so decided to take the kids out early for some sledging so that I coudld crack on with work for the rest of the day, got very cold but had a great time. 3 days into my re-invigorated training and I am already starting to feel it a bit, the biggest surprise has been how poor I am currently at simple things like press ups etc. About a month before Xmas I was averaging about 150 reps a day, at my peak I was doing probably 400-500 per day, now I am hanging when I do 100 in the morning and 100 at night, with only a few weeks until the fitness test these things have me worried.

I'm hoping that now I have re-started that I will quickly get back into the swing of things, I have set myself a fitness test at the end of the month so hope that 50+ on the reps will be attainable at that point. I have already shaved another 10 secs off the mile and a half so at a respectable 10mins 20 secs, the problem I have now is that the running machine I use at home won't go any higher so trying to get below 10 mins is looking dodgy. I am going to do an induction at the council sports centre next week, this will hopefully give me access to some professional machines so that I can shave some more time off as well as bringing some other variations into my weights routine.

I have managed to have a real stab at the theory side of things as training was cancelled last night due to the snow, I have had a first run through on my pattern brekadown and this has proved really interesting, I noticed as I was starting to type it up that I had to get up sometimes and try another technique out so hopefully this has started to kindle an interest in this part of my training (I think it has)

Schools will probably be closed again tomorrow so if no training I will probably knuckle down to some more theory stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment