Monday 19 October 2009

New week, new start

Yesterday was a near perfect Sunday, got up at a decent hour had chance for the brain to relax and then out for a cracking 15 mile bike ride, very brisk but it just meant I went faster, managed to do the same route but at least 15 mins quicker. Mooched about at a mates for a bit with Shelly and the kids and then it was home and time for me to get my chef's hat on.

Made some pastry and then a steak and guiness filling, mmmm pies my downfall, as well as pizza, kebabs, fish and chips, pretty much anything deep fried really :)

Was woken up this morning by next door's dog at about 5.30am, really not impressed as today was the first day in ages when I have had the chance to work from home, which should have meant a little longer in bed, but no barking non stop until 7.30am amazing how it all stopped then, but it meant I was a bit zoned out for the first 30 mins until the green tea kicked in!

Had a very busy day getting some key reports togetehr and trying to fathom out what the hell it is I am now supposed to be doing on top of all the other stuff I am also meant to be doing. By about 12pm my head was spinning so decided to get the running machine out and went for a brisk 3 miler. Felt really good running so I thought why not push myself a bit further and see how quickly you can run a mile and a half without really going for it, I ended up doing it in 12 mins and 11 seconds so very happy with myself. I rate this as a real achievement because I truly dislike running, I just find it boring and a real strain on the knees, but it is a good cardio work out and coupled with yesterdays bike ride I am really seeing some rapid improvements in my overall cardio fitness.

I am doing my 4 weekly fitness test this Sunday and I had programmed in a mile and a half in 13 mins, I will let this stand as I am looking to build up core fitness and stamina and don't want to fall into the trap of training for the test as this can be a big mistake.

Currently sitting in the pool watching Ele do her swimming club, after this a swift trip hoem and then straight to the school for training tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment