Sunday 4 October 2009

Early Bird

Was up fairly early for a Sunday today as I had planned on going out with my mate for a bike ride, firstly though I had to find out how I had been doing on the weight loss this week. With a bit of trepidation I got on the scales and found that I had lost 6 pounds! Really chuffed with that, your body does get rid of a bit of retained water and othe rrubbish so the first week of a fitness and healthier eating regime usually gives you these sorts of results. The harder act is maintaining it week after week to get the average of abut 1-2 pounds every week, but I'm happy, to me its a real achievement and a really positive way to end the week.

The bike ride was cracking, weather was perfect, sun shining and the countryside around Wotton never lets me down, had a thoroughly enjoyable ride and was good to have a blather with my mate Dave as we managed to sort out some more demanding X-country rides in the near future.

No rest for the wicked though as soon as I was home it was time to get the Sunday Roast on! As I had had a good week on the weight loss and after a good long bike ride I decided to treat myself to a couple of roast potatoes done around the chicken, mmm yummy:)

This afternoon was spent walking down to Synwell playing fields and managing a handful of giggling girls, was pleasant and a good way to settle down after a big Sunday Lunch.

Have run through some of the forms today and will complete when I get back from taking Ele and her friend Beth swimming. I also managed to find a couple of good reference books that will help me with my thesis so ordered those on Amazon last night, should get here in a week so can get cracking and see what all the fuss is about on Krav Maga. If anything really decent crops up in my research I will have a chat with Rich about it and see if we can incorporate any of it into a self defence session on a Tuesday night.

So all in all I am feeling like the early bird that caught the worm, pretty happy with the first week but mindful that there is a long road yet to travel so need to keep thi slevel of activity and enthusiasm for the next 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment