Sunday 18 October 2009

A good day

Really had an enjoyable time yesterday, I was dreading 7 small girls and a Frankie and Benny's but everyone was an angel, go to enjoy a nice spicy Meatball Calzone and then just mooched about for a couple of hours at the mall and my sisters as Shelly and the girls saw Fame.

Today I had planned for a bike ride with my mate but he rang up to cry off again, instead of doing the same just got changed and went for a nice 15 miler, weather was kind if a bit chilly (may be time for trousers rather than shorts) and I flew along, managed to take over 15 mins off my last time which I was really pleased with. The only other stuff I needed to get on with today was making the Sunday dinner which is a chore I never tire of. Today's feast is going to be Steak and Guiness pie. Yesterday Shelly misread my shopping list and bought a Kg of butter rather than a Kg of all butter pastry, so I decided to make my own shortcrust pastry today which is relaxing. didn't partake of the Guiness but did have a taste for an ice cold cider around 3pm, come to think of it I coudl just go for one now :) As I am still prepping the dinner I will sneak in some patterns in between chopping the veg and rolling out the pastry.

No comments:

Post a Comment