Thursday 1 October 2009

Lets get it on

Hello all, well finally managed to get a few minutes this week to get down my black belt goals down and sent off to Master Olpin, I am going to make a post on the forum later which will list the goals. This first proper blog entry is more about the stresses of this week! As per usual work has done it's best to scupper my plans, this week being the first week proper meant I needed to get stuck in and meet the targets I set myself for the week, which are:

1. Have three sessions looking at the Spartan chapter of my thesis
2. To get three distinct cardio sessions completed (min 30 minutes)
3. Lose 1 pound in weight
4. Establish morning and nightime reps routine

All looking okay I suppose you might say but this week I had a retirement dinner on Tuesday and then I had to be in Birmingham for 9.30, all great until you realise that I then had to drive up to Edinburgh, nightmare. Got to the hotel last night to find they didn't have a gym, however they have some sort of arrangement with a hotel down the road, what I didn't reaslise was that my session was going to cost me a £10! I suppose I only would have spent it on kebabs and chocolate, was a good 1hr and 30 min workout, plenty of sweat and then sat down to a pretty healthy dinner.
 
The conference I was at today was very boring, so boring in fact that I decided to get stuck in to my thesis, I actually started it over the weekend and got the introduction sorted and the skeleton on the first chapter, by the time I needed to scoot off to drive the 7 hours back to Wotton I had completed the first chapter and I think finished off the second, looking at about 1,800 words at the moment so pretty chuffed about that. I did work until 10pm last night so I am putting it all down to work life balance.
 
So far I have managed to achieve everything on my plan which makes me a happy bunny, just extremely tired and looking to just put my feet up, still got some exercises to do though. As this is a blog please feel free to comment, ask questions. See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment