Sunday 21 March 2010

One destination arrived at, the Journey continues

Well today was the big day, over three years of work led to this afternoon and my black belt grading. With all the nerves firing I was still really glad to walk into the dojang today as I was looking foward to leaving all the stresses and strains of recent weeks behind me and just take control of something I had a direct effect on.

The grading itself was great, lots of students on the floor and I can't remember a time when we have had 7 black belts in the room. Come the end it was a relief to hear that Shirley (the other candidate) and myself had been successful, I left with a real feeling of satisfaction and a very throbbing left hand where I had broken a board with a hammerfist, ouch! Plenty of ice later I have a golf ball on my wrist, not great for a long drive up to Manchester but I can't not go into work as I have two new managers starting for me tomorrow. FOr readers of this blog you will know that its business as usual then!

I know it sounds odd but I am really looking forward to getting back into regular training without the added pressure of an impending black belt grading looming. I have already identified some goals that I want to achieve over the next 6 months and I think I will set some for the next 4 weeks, just one or two to keep me in the swing of things. After watching Shirley break with her turning kick I would also like to do the same but at a bigger height, so I will most likely look to attempt to break with a turning kick a week on Tuesday to set a base line and then work for 6 weeks to raise it by an amount I will decide after talking with my instructor.

Enjoyed a nice curry as a little celebration but was missing Shelly as she is still looking after her mum and am looking forward to her coming home in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment