Wednesday 2 December 2009

Cut off...but not by much

Feeling a bit out of it at the moment due to not training for a week, I have been using the time usefully though, a few posts on the forum have meant I have at least been contributing and making contact with other students, a big thanks to John as he has been a mini whirlwind on both the forum and the blog. I took advantage of the dead time travelling yesterday to get on and finish my first draft of the thesis. It felt good to get this first draft done and I have sent it off to my instructor to get some feedback, suggestions etc I didn't realise until the end that it is over 6,500 words so really pleased, once feedback is recieved that will most likely increase as I can already see a few areas where some continued research has thrown up some more info that may be pertinent to include. I am keen to close off the thesis though as that will reinforce a positive and will allow me to free up time to focus on other theory activities. I did put a small forum post concerning the origins of patterns in Okinowan karate up and I think I will do some more digging as this is going to help with coming up with a weapons routine for my grading. Rich gave me the idea to explain briefly the background and then show a couple of shorts patterns with different weapons to illustrate this. I like that idea and hopefully can get something bottomed out in my head before Xmas.

Sitting in Newcastle Airport with a cup of tea waiting for my flight so will probably go off and do some research.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting to note I've left comments on this thread twice (3 including this one) now and they seem to keep disappearing in a puff of their own logic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'll try not to lose all my puff in one short whirlwind. Maybe slow down to a gentle breeze for a while :)

    ReplyDelete