Friday 11 December 2009

Busy weekend ahead

Just sitting in a Costa in Cheltenham at the moment, bit of a loose end as I have had to take my mother in law into hospital today for tests. Went training last night and had a really good session, did a bit of work with Martin on three step, always good to think about how you put over the concepts within pair work and also from a personal perspective it was interesting to see how Martins Karate influences his posture and movements. After the beginners session it was 45 mins of myself and John running through all the patterns (except Chon Ji but including Choong Moo), 2 step and 3step so ended up as a really focussed and targetted session, hopefully we both got a lot out of it as John is very technically minded and has a focus on getting the techniques just so.

Well the coffee is going down and I am starting to feel a  bit more human as the caffeine kicks in, time to get on with some work (the wonders of the connected world!)

Grading on Sunday, looking forward to getting stuck in as I always enjoy gradings (even when I feel crappy its always a good blast) even though this time I am not actually being tested for a belt rank. Not sure how many people are doing it this time as there werent that many last quarter. Tomorrow is super busy as Shelly and I are taking the kids to the pantomime at the Everyman in Cheltenham, last years was a blast so with any luck will have a great Saturday and Sunday leading into my last week at work before Xmas, starting to feel very festive and want to get the decorations up so I can start snaffling mince pies in earnest!

No comments:

Post a Comment