Tuesday 6 March 2012

Therapeutic running

It was really nice waking up this morning without the need to be anywhere like North London at a ridiculously early time. I was able to get a coffee on, fire up the laptop and catch up with things at work that sometimes get shifted to the bottom of the pile when you have to rush about. It wasn't long though until the email in tray was filling up, the phone was ringing and my well planned out day degenerated into sorting out lots of little issues. I got to lunchtime and sat on the sofa was revelling in the sunshine streaming through the lounge windows, looking up at the crisp, clear blue sky I decided to pause what I was working on, quickly threw on some running gear and headed out into the wilds of Wotton.

One of the goals I have set myself as part of his 2nd Dan testing cycle is to run the Bristol Half Marathon in September. Now I dislike running, you could say I hate it, even loathe it, but today getting into a rhythm, feeling the road under my feet really helped me to switch off from what had been going on that morning. The iPod was on random but the songs that kept coming up fitted the location, the mood, the weather and I found myself actually enjoying it.

I got back in, having done a pretty good time and felt able to pick up where I had left off and ended up achieving alot for the rest of the afternoon.

Still doesn't mean I've changed my mind about running though, well maybe a little bit(let's see what I put when it's chucking it down with rain!)

No comments:

Post a Comment