Monday 19 March 2012

Have I overdone it?

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day as it was Mothers Day and my kids were trying to be on their best behaviour. I treated us all to a nice Sunday lunch, and we all indulged in a wicked Chocolate Fudge cake that the girls had made for the occasion. The only problem after such an indulgent lunch was the fact that I felt like I needed an afternoon snooze, however luckily for me a combination of a sunny afternoon and the latest Twilight movie that all the girls in the house wanted to watch meant that I got my walking boots out and cracked on with a very quick 4.5 mile cross country walk.

Walking has always been one of my favourite activities as It is great for clearing your thoughts or chewing over a thorny issue, I did blast through it rather quickly and soon found myself back at home.

Today was again such a gorgeous day, with brilliant sunshine, a crisp fost and clear blue skies that I just had to get myself out for a run. As before pacing myself is still proving tricky and I was setting a very fast pace until I got on the home stretch where I was really feeling it from a CV perspective but of greater concern was a strain I was feeling on the inside of my right ankle. I think that after yesterday's walk I shouldn't have done the run, I am going to have to keep an eye on it over the next few days and see how it fairs. Perhaps switching a run to a bike IDE may have to be in order if it still feels tender.

Got to training tonight as well which was really good, this weekend sees the quarterly grading cycle so we had all the ducts on the floor, unfortunately the rust was most definitely encrusted on Chon Ji as it took two run throughs for it all to click back into place, which is rather embarassing for a BB and highlights that it has to be practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment