Wednesday 14 March 2012

Not looking forward to tomorrow

Woke up early this morning, I have a bit on my mind as tomorrow i am in hospital for a procedure I'm not looking forward to. I was hoping yesterday to get to the open session yesterday at the school but a long meeting at work meant I didnt get home until past 8pm, I did spend 15 mins going through Gae Bek again but I just got very frustrated as I couldnt get the flow of the pattern and ended up sprawled on the sofa instead.

I do have some cardio planned for today but I can feel a lethargy coming on me which is more to do with whats happening for the rest of the week than any actual physical tiredness. I'm going to have to get cracking first thing to stop that feeling taking hold.

Going back to the struggle I'm having with Gae Bek I am going to take a look at a websitre I have used in the past that has good videos showing the forms and hopefully that will just give me that nudge I need to crack it.

On a general level I'm still not finding that 'spark' when it comes to approaching the testing cycle, rather than the massive kick off I did for 1st Dan which seemed to last the whole 6 months, I would characterise this testing cycle more as me sat on a rusty bicycle at the bottom of a very long and steep hill. It's not that I havent started stuff, I've made good progress already on my thesis, my running is getting into a groove, its just that there is still a lot to do and I know how quick 6 months can be.

Mmm, I'm just going to put this general feeling of 'meh'down to midweek moodiness, with any luck after a good physical session first thing I'll be feeling a lot more positive about stuff. I can get cracking with plenty of work stuff and then just get the next couple of days over and done with.

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in and sending some positive vibes for tomorrow Stu!

    ReplyDelete