Monday 9 November 2009

Who says they don't like Mondays?

Interesting day today, managed to oversleep, was only by 20 mins but really woke up feeling refreshed, oddly this was even after being woken up by next doors dogs barking at 5am. Had a couple of meetings today which meant I was zipping about in the car a bit and then a medium drive back home in the afternoon, all was ticking along nicely until my answer machine called me and played a message from a new member of staff who only started with me last week. Unfortunately her father had died that morning and she was just letting me know, it's things like that, that do bring home some of the personal petty worries we fret over sometimes, like "oh I didn't get to do my press ups last week' kind of thing.

When I got back I decided to stretch out with a good blast on the treadmill so made sure I got a protein drink down me and jumped on, today was a blast. I felt really good and decided from the get go to push myself again so set the treadmill to 8 miles an hour from the start, after about 7 mins I had a good rythm, the breathing was good so I decided to kick it up to 8.8 miles an hour, I kept this pace up and came out from the 1.5 miles with a time just under 11 mins, 10mins 58 secs to be exact. That is a real result and is giving me a massive buzz, something that traditionally I have been very poor at is something that dare I say it, I might actually be enjoying!

On another matter I totally cocked up today, I went to Holland and Barrets meaning to get some Carnitine and ended up getting some Creatine, one I wanted to help with lean muscle and weight loss, the other is for strength building but does retain water so isnt so good for taking the weight off, doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment