Thursday 26 November 2009

Good, Bad and the Ugly

What a day today has been, it didnt start off too good, my bad stomach of last night has got worse and shall we say, accidents could happen :( I had to carry out a dismissal this morning and I havent had to do one for years so I was a bit apprehensive and it wasnt helped that I went to the wrong hotel first of all so then had to bomb it up the M1 to ensure I was there with time to spare. Once the deed was done I then had to get back home to crack on with all the work I wasn't able to do that morning.

This afternoon brought some really good news and is something that has a real bearing on what I believe is the black belt ethos and something that has given my journey to black belt a real positive lift. My thoughts on what makes a black belt are very much aligned with my Instructor, Richard Olpin, in that a black belt isnt just about focussing on the martial art itself, it's more about the whole person and the effect they can have in a wider sense. To that end a number of months ago I applied to join the board of trustees to Wales's largest homelessness charity, Shelter Cymru, today I was informed that I have been accepted and will be formally confirmed within the next 2 weeks. This is something that I am really pleased about as I have worked at the front line of housing provision in the past and homelessness is something I have strong views about, I hope that I can assist in making a small difference to vulnerable people in Wales by being part of the board at Shelter Cymru.

Shelly is just cooking dinner for the girls and the smell is making me feel very sick... I won't be at training tonight as accidents are a real possibility and I wouldnt want to mess my uniform up :(

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being accepted to the board of Shelter Cymru. Remember to bring some donor forms to training on Monday if you can.

    ReplyDelete