Friday 6 November 2009

Feeling odd continued

After posting on Wednesday I got to thinking why I might be feeling out of sorts. With the increase in exercise over the last few weeks and the focus on strength and stamina my body is most likely complaining by bringing on some aches and pains. Having never really thought too much about what is needed to support a really aggressive fitness regime I have started to think more about bringing sports nutrition into my daily routine. I asked Rich (my instructor) for some advice and he directed me as a minimum to go for a protien drink, he also suggested I take a look at the Maximuscle website http://www.maximuscle.com/ which had some really good training and food plans. So today I am going to take the plunge and get a good protein drink and start taking it 3 times a day to support my training, hopefully I will see the benefits over the coming weeks.

Training last night was really good as it is always a balst to have a session on leg strength and jumping kicks, one of the key things I picked up last night when it comes to any sort of turning or reverse kicks is the concept of target acquisition. The idea is that if you keep your focus on the target and as you turn, get the target back into focus as quickly as possible it enables you to get strikes in much more effectively and also can reduce the disorientation or dizzyness you might expect.

This week has been pretty good so far, was disappointed in not being able to get to training Monday night but the positives are still my cardio training and hopefully the introduction of some sports nutrition will help to to continue and build up on these activities and support my goal of increasing my strength and stamina.

KAIZEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment