Sunday 22 November 2009

Bad weather blues

It must be a jinxed month, I have been having really good successes I feel with my fitness but getting on the scales this morning the bad news was another pound back on! I have of course understood that this week has again been one of those weeks where customer dinners have meant a couple of nights where my nutrituion isn't what I would have wanted it to be. However I have kept the level of exercise, to my mind, quite high, this worries me as what would have been the story if I hadn't of maintained the fitness sessions! This is after a very gruelling 25 mile X-country bike race yesterday that resembled the Somme, the mud was atrocious and even with special gripper tyres I was skidding and sliding all over the place (it was great fun but extremely hard work) This has been a couple of weeks on the trot where the weight has crept back up so I will have to work extremely hard to maintain the plan getting me to 12 1/2 stone for the fitness test. I may have to revise this figure anyway as it is becoming plain to me and to others that I am putting on a lot of lean muscle compared to the challenge I did 2 years ago, where I lost 2 1/2 stone. At the current weight I am, compared to then I am much leaner and noticeably thinner so perhaps it is the increased muscle that is starting to effect the results I am seeing (more likely it is having Shelly's steak and ale pie the night before I weigh myself :))

1 comment:

  1. I think if you can do a 25 mile X-country bike race, your fitness is already way above mine (and probably way above the class average, too). It might be the case of small steps in improvement not being that easily apparent (like you don't notice your own children growing as much as other people's). Have you tried measuring your fitness like a personal instructor might? The improvement might be more than you realise, and the body mass aspect might be less relevant than you think.

    ReplyDelete