Thursday 4 February 2010

Anything to say?

Not posted for a few days and this kind of reflects my state of mind. Home is really hectic as well as work so I am in a kind of nuetral, just ticking along really. I took both my daughter Eleanor and a school friend called Robbie to training on Tuesday night and ended up helping out one of the assistant instructors. It was good fun, a bit nervy at first but the kids seemed to have a good time and it was great to see them carrying out some drills that we as adults had been doing the night before. Bar some chit chat that you wouldn't expect from adults, the kids showed real control during the drills and it was quite an eye opener. I'm a little bit strict (hangover from military days) but I had the kids laughing along, especially at the warm ups with the forfeit of 5 press ups for cutting corners a real winner.

I do have some aspirations in the future to be an instructor and I have been lucky enough to get some opportunities to help out and assist at the school over the years and it is a completely different thing to be out at the front trying to explain something that you want a class to do. This week I also got the chance to spend some time going through some of the pattern breakdown with a partner and it was good to see that I wasn't going off on flights of fancy but that a lot of what I have been putting down seems to work.

I have been cracking on the the phys and managed to get some runs in with I think the chance to go to the gym tomorrow for a bit more cardio and perhaps some weight training on the machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment