Tuesday 9 February 2010

Double Whammy

Not a very happy bunny today, woke up this morning with a pain that has been bothering me in my right shoulder. It has got progressively worse over the day to the point where using a mouse and lifting a glass of water was really painful, looks like it might have to be a trip to the docs this week, really, really REALLY P***ED OFF! Not many weeks to go and I get a poxy injury, its not as if I have been putting any great strain on it, must be my old bones finally giving up!

To add insult to injury a massive tender landed in my inbox this afternoon so bid prep and tender evaluation has to be done tonight ready for a bid meeting tomorrow rather than attending the open session. Day's like this I just think "Why bother?" then I wake up the next morning and just get on with it. The pain in my shoulder does concern me a bit because its probably a muscle tear but it feels like its right in the centre of the joint and is giving me a load of pain and making it painful to even lift my arm higher than my shoulder, damn it!

2 comments:

  1. I watched a movie many many years ago about a man who was attacked while with his wife. The gang raped and killed his wife, beat him up and finally chopped off his right arm at the shoulder. He gave up on life until he came across a martial arts teacher who got him to see the value of his life. He then learned to fight with one arm and took care of the gang (as usual, the polic had no evidence). Lots of fantasy involved, of course, but my message is that you can't let one injury change the course you are on - you have three other limbs just waiting to show what they can do! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right. And to put some real perspective on it, I've taught people in the past with missing limbs, artificial legs, a couple who were wheelchair users and two blind people.

    Every one of them were excellent students because they had learned to adapt and to make the most of the skills they *did* have.

    ReplyDelete