Monday 4 June 2012

Long time coming...

Wow, its been a whole month since my last post! On reading it again it kind of set the tone for the whole of May, professionally it was really hard going, a total slog with tonnes of stress and worry. This spilled over into everything, I didn't train for 4 weeks, my fitness spiralled down, coupled with crap nutrition (comfort eating)it just led to a general 'why bother?' attitude.

Being older I thought would make things this time round a bit easier, I foolishly thought, 'you've seen it, done it already' and that this time it would just be more of the same, however May and to be honest the whole testing cycle so far has been a massive wake up to me. It is so much harder to build the same levels of enthusiasm as last time, the demands on my time seem greater and I get feelings of resentment towards training or activities relating to the BB testing cycle. There has been greater levels of 'screw it' I'm not doing it after a long day whereas before I would have just gritted my teeth and got on with it.

I think I need to find a new level for my training, I'm getting concerned that my internal standards and my inability to meet those standards is screwing me up a bit,I think a chat with Master Olpin may be in order to make sense of everything and maybe get a reality check. Since that last post there has been some positive things, I completed a 10k road race yesterday, did my final training walk last weekend in Wales before the Welsh 3 peaks challenge in just under 2 weeks time and have made some progress in areas of my training that were lacking, just need to keep my head up and crack on.

No comments:

Post a Comment