Thursday 21 June 2012

A fresh start?

I have been a little concerned over the last month or so that I havent been able to commit to my training as much as I wanted (or needed) and that it was having a detrimental effect on how I was viewing my training all over. My weight started creeping up, I was doing less and less, feeling lethargic and generally starting to get a bit down on the whole thing.

I'M not sure what has happened in the last week or so but it seems the fugue has lifted and I am starting to get back to my old self. Last week stuck away from home I still managed to stick to an exercise regime that meant each day I was taking a positive step. After the weekend where I completed the Welsh 3 Peaks Challenge for Charity I have already completed two good 5K runs and I have kept up a set of exercises each morning which help to tone and keep me flexible.

I want to try and keep a steady attendance at the school, even if its only once or twice a week, as my instructor said 'Don't beat yourself up if life gets in the way, look at making small changes to have a positive effect' To that end I am just about to go off and run through a couple of 2nd Dan patterns whilst my cup of tea cools down.

Here's hoping this is a fresh start (only 3 months to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment