Thursday 5 April 2012

Famous at last

Really busy last few days, I am on holiday now for the next 10 days so there was the ussual rush to get everything covered off at work but I was also dtermined to have a poitive week when it cam to some fitness and continuing along with some of the tasks necessary for the 2nd dan testing cycle.

So far I feel pretty good about some of the progress I have made, the thesis I have to produce is well on the way to completion and I may put up some excerpts to give anyone who follows the blog (there arent many...yet) a taster.

i also made some great strides in getting my message about my approach to training for black belt and what it means to be a martial artist when yopu are over 40 by getting in touch with a fellow Martial Artist called Brett Kraiger. Brett is an instructor based in Wellington, New Zealand and he runs a website and newsletter service called Martial Arts over 40. Brett was kind enough to offer me the opportunity to write a short article about what its meant being a martial artist now that I am over 40 and also to promote this blog so that any other interested martial artists, or just those who may have an interest in starting a martial art, could take a look. The article on Brett's site is at the following http://martialartsover40.com/readers-stories/40-martial-artist-fitter-than-he-was-in-his-20s-stewart-davison/

On a final bum note, just as I was feeling good about all thi spositive development stuff, a large chunk of on eof my molars felt out whilst I was eating a peanut butter and jam sandwich so I am writing this with the after effects of a lot of anaesthetic in the jaw, cant win em all!

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see some excerpts from your thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I will look to put some snippets up next week, as I've been getting further into it I can see why the Hwa Rang have been a subject of intense academic study as they were a fundamental part of Silla society and how the unified kingdoms developed.

    ReplyDelete