Monday 26 April 2010

What's been going on

It's been a while since I made a post and to be honest its to let all the dust settle from a very hectic first few months of 2010.

I have been getting my head sorted out and thinking about what I need to achieve over the coming months, for me moving forward and continuing with my martial arts training is high on my list, getting a handle on the slippery situation at work is another and balancing all that out with home life is my main concern. I was very 'into my own head' leading up to the black belt grading and this did lead to a bit of disconnect so I have to get things back on an even footing.

It has been a very weird few weeks at training with sporadic attendance due to various things but also when I have been able to get to class it has also been strange as there are a few faces missing that seem to have dropped off the face of the planet and I think the class has been affected by these abscences and is itself trying to rediscover an equilibrium.

No matter what I am having a good time and am feeling fairly relaxed, apart from quick flare ups, usually work related, and am looking at the run up to summer as a time for a bit of reflection and a time to establish that the last 3 years weren't just an exercise in belt grabbing but rather a solid start to my much longer journey.

2 comments:

  1. Let's try to get a handle on a few specific martial arts goals for the next few months then Stu and we can make a bit of a road-map for how to help you achieve them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, we have already started with the turning kick break and Kwang gaye so that should occupy me for the rest of the quarter.

    I think it is focussing on trying to get a regular string of attendances together, not easy at the moment but will endeavor to try my best.

    ReplyDelete